Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Donor Relations Volunteer will assist in the development and implementation of engagement strategies for donors and prospects to encourage stronger relationships with United Way.
- Liaise with Development Team in developing and implementing stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors
- Making telephone calls (in coordination with the Development Team) to thank donors at the Leadership Giving level
- Write personal acknowledgement and stewardship messages for signature by Development Team members
- Ensure database accuracy
- Research projects
Skills and abilities
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, database systems; aptitude with new software technology
- Ability to use sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented
- Collegial, collaborative style
- Understanding of individual donor needs and perceptions
- Experience building and maintaining donor relationships
Full training provided to selected candidates.
Operating hours (schedule is flexible but must be able to work within Operating Hours):
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
6-9 hours/week, three times per week for 3 hours
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Jeremy Carrothers, Development Officer
JCarrothers@unitedwayem.ca 519-438-1723 ext. 230